Sunday, September 22, 2013

Paisley has never looked so good.

Shea & Avocado Paisley Soap
 Beautiful, the picture does not do them justice, I swear. When I spend hours making this soap and hand brushing every single detail in shimmering mica powder, deepening the shadows, highlighting the highlights. I almost think I know how an true artist feels for a fleeting second. It's a marvelous feeling. It gets even more intense when people react so positively to what you have done it becomes one of life's most intense moments that will never be forgotten. Well, I am not artist just a soap maker but I have my moments when the to paths cross and this was one of them.

 This is an avocado and Shea blend soap, detergent, paraben & SLS free. All the color is all natural mica powder. The oil blends are the best to use for what we do. The price doubles but the end result is more vivid and more depth than using a water mica. I achieved the beautiful purple color of the soap by using dried and crushed blueberries. Turned out a lovely shade of Lavender. The crushed blueberries are throughout the entire soap to give a gentle exfoliation. Crushed blueberries is the way to go to achieve a natural purple hue.
 I didn't want to even get this soap wet! but I did and it lathered beautifully. Didn't dry out my skin in the least. I only make one soap that doesn't contain butters of some kind. I love to use Shea, mango, Kokum, and Cocoa. Mango is my all time favorite butter to use in most of my formulations. So rich and creamy, excellent for bath and body. I use milk powders and fresh milk in 98% percent of my formulations as well. The benefits a way to great to just push a side. Coconut milk is my favorite, in my opinion it trumps goat's milk in every way. The texture is very creamy so you can't do a lot with the design before it sets typically. It never gets liquid thin to pour so you have to keep it simple but it's performance is all that matters. The color is lighter, it conditions and moisturizes, not to mention all the lather and clean it gives to a bar when combined with coconut oils. I am doing extensive testing on natural colorants this month with milk soaps. So be looking for the review in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment