Sunday, September 29, 2013

natural beauty recipes



  Yes, every face is a work of the purest, most complex art ever achieved. In fact our entire body is absolutely fascinating. The way we take care of it is very important. We over look it's wonder because, well... it's our body, it's always there, old news. Most cases a person either doesn't keep up with it or they go over board. It doesn't require shelves of products or expensive salons. Your beauty regimen needs to revolve around one word. Simply. Simply clean, simply natural and most of all simply you.
 First of all be aware of what type of skin you have, know it's ticks and tocks and then spend the time and do a little research. The natural healing effects Essential oils and herbs have will blow your mind. If you just give it a shot, let me rephrase that, the right ingredients that is. Dry skin needs to stay away from Pink Grapefruit, Lemon and Eucalyptus oils and herbs such
Me + Beetroot+Love
 as nettle. Kaolin Clay is the only safe clay that you can use on your face that doesn't draw out the natural oils dry skin so desperately needs. Oily skin has it's own enemies, Medowfoam and Rosehip oil with just join in the oil producing and worsen your complexion. I could go on and on, I started this blog so I could, lol.
 I love helping people find the right ingredients for their skin type. When someone with problem skin finally have a product that works and you were the one who made it for them is a very rewarding feeling. I also know that in most cases, the simpler the better. I am going to share a few of my favorite recipes for dry skin to normal skin in this article. Most of them require ingredients you can get at an grocery store, I will do my best to keep it that way. Dry skin plagues me from time to time so I tend to focus more on that in my spare time, my apologies.

 Daily moisturizer

  • 10 ounces Apricot Kernel Oil (grape seed or Olive will work too)
  • 2 ounces of Cocoa Butter
  • 2 ounces of Beeswax I prefer white

   Melt ingredients slowly with double boiler method. Excessive heat will burn out key nutrients so be ever so careful. Always add the beeswax first with the oils to help it melt faster. Beeswax takes much higher heat to melt than the other two ingredients. Add cocoa butter when the melted beeswax. Once melted, whisk slowly until fully blended. Pour into jars and refrigerate. You can lightly scent this with a couple drops of lavender oil if you would like. It would be an excellent addition right before bed. I find the cutest 4 ounce mason jars in the canning section of your local superstore. Wrap them up and give as gifts if you would like. This will have a shelf life of a year. Keep water out of the cream. No chemical preservatives used, and I like it that way.
 

Facial Scrub recipe

  •  1 Tbs of Honey
  • 2 Tbs Finely Ground Almonds
  • 2 Tbs of Grape seed oil
  • 1 Tbs of Brown sugar
  • 1 Tbs of chopped oatmeal 

Mix all of these ingredients together and use as you would any other scrub. You can chop your oatmeal to your preference. I would recommend a little bigger than powder and the almonds should be ran through a processor of coffee grinder. Your face has delicate skin. Too coarse of a scrub can really damage your face. Brown sugar is better than regular sugar, but if regular is needed to be used, run it through a processor too. The finer the better. I sprinkle a little beetroot powder in mine for the antioxidizing properties, give a nice red color to the scrub. You can rinse immediately of let dry and rinse, pat dry. This will not keep without a preservative if you get water in the jar. Make small batches so you don't have to worry.


Simple Facial Toner (dry skin)

  • Coconut water toner-

Use cotton ball or pad a smoother over face and neck. It tones your skin, treats dark spots and nourishes the skin too. It is great for all skin types, especially for normal and dry skin. I am a huge
fan of anything coconut. It's the super-fruit of the simple, natural skin and beauty care. During the summer months, I make a sugar scrub that is made out or nothing but coconut. I incorporate every part of the coconut and nothing else. Right down to ground down coconut shell and coconut sugar.


  • Rose Water Facial Toner~

The video I posted below tells you how to make Rose Water. It's very easy to do and so beneficial to your skin. It balances skin’s sebum production and it is very refreshing, cooling and soothing. It can  revives tired skin. It's even gentle enough to suit most sensitive skin-types. Helps smooth & soften your skin while shrinking pore size and reduces redness. Can't beat that huh?


Vinegar Toner for dry skin~

The only other toner for dry skin is a vinegar method. I have never tried this because I despise the scent, they say it goes away but I don't even want to smell it for a second more than I have to for the occasional Lye burn. I know people swear by it for dry skin but I have also heard people talk about how it was to strong and burned their faces. Do not use if you have sensitive skin.  If you don't follow the instructions to a recipe 100% or are lacking ingredients always ask for a recommended substitute. You must get the un-filtered ACV, with the "mother".  Braggs is the name of the maker I believe. You can look up the many variations, but use with caution if your sensitive.


My go to Cold Cream recipe~

  • 1  ounce Beeswax
  • 7   Tbs light mineral oil
  • 1.5  Tsp of Borax
  • 2  Tbs Rose Water
  • 2  Tbs Fresh Cucumber Juice

Juice your cucumber first and set aside. Melt your Beeswax in the mineral oil over double boiler, mix well. On another burner bring Rose Water to near boiling and then dissolve your Borax in it, stirring constantly until all Borax is dissolved, very important. Then pour the water mixture into wax and oil mixture and stir slowly. Once blended, beat vigorously until it cools. When it has cooled down you need to add your cucumber juice, and stir it in. Do not let your mixtures reach over 160 degrees while being heated, use a candy thermometer to make sure that doesn't happen.

Rose Water has many uses when it comes to skin care. It can also be used as a facial toner too. Rose Water is easy to make, here is a video to show you a few ways to make it at home.




I grew up using ponds cold cream, as well as my mother did. I always felt so grown up doing this regimen with my mom some nights. The cucumbers over the eyes, V05 Hot Oil treatment in our hair. I was so ready to be a woman so I could do those things every-night. Well those nights are few and far between now that I am an adult. We let the hustle and bustle carry us right past the good stuff in life. So slow down and slice a cucumber and wear it, and get your daughter to do it too. We have to teach them to relax just as much as teaching them how to work hard in life.







No comments:

Post a Comment