Sunday, October 27, 2013

Soaps from around the world, (...mainly France)

Rustic, simple and yet romantically beautiful. My soap of the year, for sure.
All of these soaps are absolute works of art. I wish I could be writing that these were of my own creation but, I can not. I hope to one day have the knowledge, patience and skill that it takes to
make a soap that just blows you away like these did for me. The first one is from Taiwan, the maker of this simply gorgeous soap with the resemblance of piano keys goes by the name of Soapworker. They have other beautiful soaps as well. I scour the net finding beautiful soaps almost daily to add to my Soap, Soap and more Soap board on Pinterest. But this little soap here is why I decided to blog about it.
 This next one I found a few weeks ago. I adore the cleanness of the lines and the color choice is beautiful. I always go for the bright colors when I soap but when it comes to finding the soaps I love, I always prefer the  neutral tones. They just go hand in hand with natural soap if you ask me. I love how the Taiwan swirl design feathers out blending all the hues. Beautiful. You can find this gem and more lovely soaps on her blog, Bbee's Soapsite. You will have choose to translate it to English up at the top left of the blog. Then you will read the recipes and inside views on the techniques themselves.
 The first black and white beauty on here I didn't have much information on. The picture did not lead me to a link so all I have is the name on the picture itself. SO, I did a search an up popped her Etsy shop. Wow. You would not believe all the unique and festive finds she makes. Enough to where I want everyone in my family to receive soap for Christmas, forever. Her shop is Kokolele on Etsy. You really should see some of her ornament soaps, top quality all the way. Perfect for stocking stuffers.

The next soap on the catwalk is from France. I could not translate the blog so I have very little to share with you other than the image of a stunning bar of soap. The look is so volcanic and beautiful. The thin layer of black to accent the ombre layering is genius. The shops name I believe, is Savonnaute. They give excellent pictures to there soap making and molds but like I said earlier, no easy way to translate it. I want one of the acrylic molds they show on that site. The clear image of the soap has to really enhance your ability to design. I still loved looking through all the soaps with or with out understanding the words. All you really need is the appreciation of work to enjoy it anyhow.
  I found the amazing looking black & white filigree soap on Pinterest as well. Followed it to an Etsy shop by the name of The Charming Frog. It is part of there black & white collection. How sophisticated, right? I am in love with this soap. So I click to see the rest of the collection and I am literally amazed at the selection. There is a soap for every occasion, mood and holiday. I also found the ornate flower soap at the bottom right too. I love the two tone contrast of the soaps. The use of activated charcoal and night black mica in soaps is something I love to see. It seems to always make the soap stand out to me. I will have to order some of these for Christmas gifts very soon. Yes, even as a soap maker I still love to buy other crafters soaps. Especially when they are this gorgeous.

I hope everyone knows just how talented they are. Excellent skill and originality as well. In this done to death world, originality is very hard to achieve.
Okay, that's all for now. There will always be amazing soap waiting to be shared. I hope that one day that mine will be this glamorous.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment