Saturday, April 12, 2014

My new love..... Fruit Extracts!

Finally, I can get all the benefits from my beloved fruits and veggies without having to deal with all the peeling and juicing. Not to mention the shelf life! I am in total bliss. I just ordered a slew of them and I have some info to share. My experiences with the ones I have ordered have been rather remarkable. It takes very little, around .5% but make sure to check with the distributer on how strong it is.
  You should research each option and find what works best for what your creating. My two top picks are Watermelon and Strawberry thus far. The benefits for any age and skin type are astounding. You have to incorporate them into the heated water phase in order for them to dissolve completely. Excellent for toners and lotions.
Also, use them in their raw, powdered form and take facial scrubs and masks from "eh, pretty good" to "holy S**T this is perfect". All you have to do is take a chance and try something a little different to make something really great.



I found this recipe and it sparked my new interest...

Toning Mask

Grind down all the ingredients until they are ultra fine and well mixed. Then you store in an air tight container or bag until ready to use.
Always cleanse your face prior to adding a mask. Just take two tsp into a small bowl or hand and add a few drops of water. They recommend distilled and I would even suggest Aloe water or juice. Mix and spread over face and neck. Not your eyes of course. Let it set for 20 minutes and then rinse. Always follow with toner or moisturizer of your choice.




There are very simple things you should to do have great skin,
  • Cleanse
  • Exfoliate (gently & sparingly)
  • Toner or astringent
  • Moisturize (even oily skin)
These steps will cure almost every skin problem there is. Nothing magical or chemical needed in most cases. I for one can not use soap on my skin, breaks me out every time. So I had to try a different approach to manage my skin.

Fancy Face

 Store in a dry, air tight container and use as directed above. I use this regularly and love it. My complexion changes with the weather but is other wise normal. I used to just mash fresh berries but this way keeps me from having to do a fresh batch every time.

Oh, me so Oily

I found this one and I have tried it on my oily days and it prevailed for me. Do not use unless your skin is oily or it will over-dry and damage your face.
Use the same as the above recipes. Follow with a non oily moisturizer suitable for your skin.

I hope one of these work for you and I hope you take it and make them your very own. I get my extracts from NDA, lovely company with amazing products. I went ahead and linked the ingredients to the suppliers that I use of my my own choice. The first mask came from a book that is a blast to read and covers such a wide spectrum of the Beauty world, Idiot's Guide to making Natural Beauty Products. The latter two are of my own creation and heart. Thanks for stopping by~








No comments:

Post a Comment